Choosing right web hosting plan can be daunting, especially if you’re new to running a website and don’t know much about hosting market, or what kind of hosting you need.
If you select the right hosting plan it can be a costly mistake for you – not only you could end up spending a lot of money on hosting plan features that you don’t need, but you could also end up losing site visitors due to lack of uptime or website features. There are lots of hosting provider make their product content such an attractive way which can block customer mind. In the end, there are lots of offensive hidden secret, but at XeonBD we never hide anything from our customer and before signing up we always welcome our customer to clarify any of their queries that they want to know. As most small businesses end up making a wrong choice in the beginning because they do not properly evaluate their needs.
The purpose of web hosting: When you go for a new hosting plan, you have to find out your purpose of web hosting.
- What type of website you want to host under that hosting plan?
- What is the purpose of that your hosted website?
- What is the content that you want to put on your website?
- What are the basic system requirements for your hosted web site, which is cost effective or not?
Actually when you’re choosing to host an existing website, or looking to start from scratch, what you intend to use the website for will influence your hosting choice.
For example, you have to find out what is the actual reason for your website. Is it for business purposes, personal, or just for fun?
If the website is a personal and you don’t want to go for a financial investment on your web hosting, free hosting can serve your needs. Free hosting is usually supported by advertising. But if you’re running a business you should consider paid hosting. Most paid hosting companies also offer services that are specifically designed for people who are using their site for business.
With domain name registration, you can only pay for the domain name for your website and can host it anywhere you like. This might be suitable if your business has a low budget and you already have or are planning to create, a site using WordPress, Tumbler or similar.
Once your domain is registered it’s time to go for choosing the right web hosting plan. At starting shared web hosting plan can be cost effective for you as all the shared web hosting plan used to share server space and bandwidth among other users who are hosting their website on that server. And web hosting provider used to provide support for provided web hosting platform. Thus shared web hosting plan is cost effective. It’s similar to having your own IT department, and it gives you greater control over your web hosting.
The most common hosting option for websites is standard paid shared hosting. Hosting is usually charged monthly or annually, and you pay for a certain amount of space. Paid hosting actually comes with different configuration and price with the different varieties, so you have to think positively and carefully about which will be your preferable and helpful before purchasing individual package.
What type of impact can be done when you choose a wrong hosting provider?
As a business, one of your most important priorities is maximizing profits. If you think that by choosing the wrong web hosting can’t create a negative impact on your personal and business income, then think again? There are lots of bad things can happen when you are failed to choose the best hosting for your need.
- The negative effect on revenue: If frequently your website goes down, your potential customer will not be able to visit your website thus people can not get information about your product or services. Even worse, if you host an online store, you will lose out on potential sales and income. Amazon recently had a 40-minute outage which cost them about $5 million dollars. Your loss might not be as big, but it’s still a loss of revenue.
- The negative effect on your SEO Ranking: Your goal with content marketing is to rank high in search results so customers can easily find you. If your site down repeatedly when the search engine is going to visit, then for that reason, your web ranking will be adversely affected. This is a vulnerable effect from downtime, many SEO experts believe that slow websites can also hurt your rankings.
- Security and Malware Attacks: There is no perfect solution for keeping your website secure. For more security, reputable web hosting company will back up your data to a remote server and make it easy to restore in case your site is hacked. They will also assist you with technical support, maintenance, and security issue 24 hours a day.
How can you select the best Web Hosting Provider?
It’s very important to choose a reliable web hosting company to ensure that your website remains safe and accessible all year round. If you have some problem about experiencing and have a limited idea of what features that has to consider.
Here is some helpful stage that you can follow:
- Understand the different hosting options available – There are various the web hosting options available such as Shared, VPS (Virtual Private Server), Dedicated and Managed Web hosting. You can learn more about different web hosting choice at https://blog.xeonbd.com/tag/different-web-hosting-choice/
- Excellent customer support is a must – The internet never sleeps. Look for a provider that offers excellent customer support. Many hosting providers said that they offer 24-7 support, but this will not guarantee you will receive fast knowledgeable service like XeonBD. So, test the response of the customer support staff before committing to any long-term hosting contract.
- Have to choose a host that has an effective uptime track history – The hosting provider you choose should take every precaution to ensure maximum uptime. While no web host can guarantee 100 percent uptime, it should offer at least 99 percent uptime on average.
- Cost can be important but should not main consideration – In the ongoing business there is a term that says saying goes, “you get what you pay for.” As a business, you cannot afford to experience extended downtime. Basic shared web hosting is great if your site is generating only a small amount of traffic. On the other hand, if you’re in the business of selling products or generating a large amount of traffic, then a dedicated or managed hosting provider is a far better choice. Sometimes it cost more straight, although it will be more reliable in the several perspectives. The level and quality of technical support will be better too.
- Ability to scale– As your business grows, your website will tend to generate more traffic. The ability to scale will be increasingly important. There are more important things that your hosting provider should have some capability to accommodate your traffic growth. Just remember that there is no such thing as “unlimited resources” (Truth about Shared Hosting).
Worldwide there are a lot of web hosting companies providing their service. It’s crucial to select a hosting provider carefully since your business will depend on it. Do your homework.
Remember that choosing a right web plan and web hosting provider solely on price is not worth the hassle and headaches if your site goes down. Are you happy with your web hosting provider? What steps did you take the last time you experienced downtime? What important features do you look for? Share your experience with us. XeonBD will provide you trustable and more professional sophisticated Hosting solution, with different plans. You can depend on us as a one stop Hosting solution organization.
For more detail or if you are still confused feel free to contact us. You also visit us through – www.xeonbd.com